Saturday 15 October 2011

The First Blog Post...

As I sit here writing this post, it's 4:29 pm in Sydney, Australia; I'm thinking 'Wow, I finally created my own blog. I finally did something where, when I press the word 'publish post', everyone would see, or maybe no one.'

Anyway, let me just start by saying that the life I have lived hasn't been an easy one. Being a premature twin born at 27 weeks, during the time where doctors have said that I, Jonathan Andre, would turn out to be a 'vegetable', to right now, 21 or 22 years later, big and strong... nothing short of a miracle.

Why did I want to start this blog? I guess the same reason why everyone else in the world wants to start one, to connect with other people and discuss life, and the beauty and wonder of being alive. Because when it all comes down to it, when you strip everything away, and say 'What is life really about?', what are you going to answer?

Is it going to be the big house that you dream of wanting to move into when you've got enough cash to burn? Would it be 'i'm trying to be famous, be well liked, be known by thousands, shake hands with Bono, be friends with Mike Zuckerburg!'? Or will it be the job that you do, the amount of salary you get, or what people say about you?

What will count in the end? Because it is surely not those things. Because, as I'm afraid to say it, everyone only has one life. And that is a scary thing, knowing that. If you're like me, in your early 20s; in 80 years time, you probably won't be on this Earth. How would you want to spend the rest of your days? What defines your worth? What you do? Or who you are as a person? What shapes your beliefs and values? Your family and friends? The media? Your 'hero'?

I'm going to finish my blog soon... you can mull over these questions and think about them. Comments are definitely welcomed.

See you guys later (hopefully someone comments!)

Jon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jon,
    Sweet blog! Glad to see you share those provoking thoughts with the 'world' ahaha. I'll definitely tune in every now and then. x)

    ReplyDelete